It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, October 24, 2009

This is me pretty soon: "Can I super-size your order?"

Okay, so you thought getting my hair done was ridiculously expensive, but that's nothing. During my funemployment, I've thought about going back to school to become a teacher. Recession proof jobs seem to be the ticket, and considering I nearly passed out when my Chihuahua had his blood taken, I think health care is out.
So I started looking at area universities. Most of them focus on teaching in urban environments. I'm not sure this Wyoming girl can handle herself in a city school, so I kept looking. When I looked at Northwestern University's program, it didn't say anything about urban schools. Perfect! I was ready to make an appointment with a counselor when I thought I should probably check out how much it is. Drum roll please......$40,000 for a Master's Degree. About $2,700 per credit! I'm not getting my medical degree people!
So, unless I win the lottery, I think Northwestern is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment