It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Do cab drivers pass driving tests?



The only thing I hate worse than packing up all my crap every three years and moving is getting a driver's license in a new state. In Wyoming, we've very straight forward (Hence the Whoa instead of a Stop sign. Easy, right?) In Indiana and Illinois, you have to take a ridiculously hard driving test. I took a practice one, and got a 40%! It takes an 80% to pass. I'm thinking, "Really, the crazy cab driver who took right-hand turns on two wheels passed, and I can't?" Let me share my pain with some of the practice questions I got wrong...


1. It is illegal to park your vehicle
  • Within 3 feet of a private driveway
  • In a bicycle lane
  • In an unmarked crosswalk

2. A white painted curb means

  • Loading zone for passengers or mail only
  • Loading zone for freight or passengers
  • Loading zone for freight only

3. You are about to make a left turn. You must signal continuously during the last ___ feet before the turn.

  • 75
  • 50
  • 100

Hard, right? Now who's laughing at my 40%? I'll give you the answers tomorrow (Ha! You'll have to read my blog again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment