It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, June 7, 2010

The coolest gift...ever

Mike and I just received what may be the best wedding presents....ever.  Aren't these paintings the cutest things you've ever seen?  As you can tell, Bailey and Buckeye already love them!  I got them this weekend from my good friend Brooke who was in town for my Bachelorette party.  I laughed so hard I started crying when I opened them.  I couldn't believe how well the artist captured my little nuggets.  You can even see a freckle Buckeye has next to his left eye.

Come to find out, I know this talented artist! Her name is Allison Kegley, and we met through mutual friends when I lived in Indy. She's a teacher by day, and paints custom pet paintings by night. You should check out her work at http://www.allisonkegley.com. She uses acrylic paint and her designs come in a variety of bright colors.  Allison says Andy Warhol is her inspiration, but I personally think she's even more talented.

Considering how much we all adore our pets, my prediction is Allison is going to make it huge!  Let's face it, most of us would rather hang out with dogs over people any day of the week.  Plus, dogs come with extra bonuses like feet licking (see Friday's post entitled "Dogs Rock.")

Thanks Allison and Brooke!

2 comments:

  1. I am so SO happy you love them! I thought it was a great idea of Brooke's, so I'm glad they went over well. I appreciate the plug on the blog...it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures/paintings are so adorable!
    What a great wedding gift :)

    ReplyDelete