It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, June 4, 2010

Dogs rock

This afternoon after getting home from work, I was exhausted.  The kind of tired in which you can't even get through your DVR recording of Oprah.  That's bad.

So I laid down to take a nap, and pretty soon I had company.  No, not Fernando from 31 A (I wish!), but instead my two Chihuahua's.  They both crawled under the covers, and one laid next to my stomach and the other one laid next to my back.  For the next hour, we slept away.  But here's the thing...considering they slept all day before I got home, they probably weren't tired, but because dogs are so sweet, they love to spend as much time with you as possible.

Seriously people, dogs are the best things....ever.  If you've ever thought about getting one, but aren't sure if it's too much work, I say get one.  They will give you a feeling of love you've never experienced before.  Here are the top reasons dogs rock.   

* Buckeye licks my feet until I fall asleep.  Gross, yes, but very relaxing.  Mike would never do that.

* You can dress dogs up, and for now apparent reason, put a toupee on one and take a picture.  They'll patiently stand still and let you take a pic.  They don't even get mad and pee on your shoes later. (Okay, some do that, but I don't think it's because of the toupee or the little Desperate Housedogs t-shirt you put on them)

* They'll bark when someone is at the door, alerting you to potential dangers.  Sure, they don't understand the pizza man is more of an angel than the devil, but we're working on that.

* They'll patiently sunbathe with you at your parent's vacation home in Jackson, Tennessee (see top picture).  Sure, they don't need the color (especially the black one), but they just love being with you.  Isn't that sweet?

* They'll kindly clean your shoes by licking them out every night.

* Sometimes they'll clean up after themselves by eating their own poo.  (Hey, I can't even get Mike to hit the toilet, so that's huge)

* No matter how long you're gone, they act like you're the coolest/best/smartest thing ever and they'll shower you with love.  What human will ever give you that greeting?

1 comment: