It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My favorite store!


Phew! Sorry for the later-than-usual post, but I left for Target 9 hours ago, and just got back! Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but running errands in a city is a lot of work. The strange thing is people always say how nice it is living in a city because of all the amenities. True, I can get a taco at 4 a.m., but I'm going to have to find a cab to take me there, pay a high cab fare and still wait in line once I arrive.

We only use my car about once a month because it's a mile away. So today, when I decided it was time for my monthly Target run, I walked the mile to get the car. When I got to the parking garage, I then walked about another 1/2 mile to find it. (Just like they say 30 is the new 20, apparently "Level 4 is the new Level 2" when Mike swears he knows exactly where he last left it.)

I then drive amongst the crazy cabbies and super crazy tour bus operators to get to the South Loop. I get sweaty 'pits (hence the blog name) because I learned how to drive a car in Cheyenne, Wyoming and not Manhattan.

When I get to Target, I proceed to buy $355 worth of stuff, because I'm hoping I won't have to go back for another 6 months. We now have enough toilet paper to soak up the BP Oil Spill.

I checkout, which takes forever because my cashier has 6-inch fake purple fingernails, and I'm sure she doesn't want to ruin her mani.

I drive back, double park in front of our building, and reserve a cart from our doorman because I can't carry 7 large bottles of laundry detergent up 31 flights.

I schlep it upstairs, and get ready to unload it. I'm greeted by a man's voice in the apartment--and it's not Mike. Nope, it's our repairman, Dario, replacing our furnace filter. The dogs are so scared by this intruder, they are sleeping in the sun. I kick my underwear under the bed, hoping Dario hasn't already seen them.

I take the cart downstairs, and drive back to the parking garage-- dodging pedestrians and potholes the whole way.

I park. (Level 2, honey)

I then walk a mile back home. I'm finished, and it only took 2 hours and some change.

Hmm, living in a city is fun, but man it takes a lot of work to get TP. Perhaps I'll make this a "One-sheet per use household."


No comments:

Post a Comment