It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Have you Skyped today?


I may have just found the coolest technology yet! Have you heard of Skype? It's this free service that allows you to see and speak with people over the Internet. Oprah and newscasters use it, but until yesterday, I had no idea that we could use it.

With our new MacBook Pro computer, (seriously the best) we have a camera and a microphone already built in. I downloaded Skype (for free) from www.skype.com, and voila, we were Skyping!

Mike's brother, Jason, and his wife, Cara, are Skypers. Last night, we all got on, and Mike and I were able to see our brand new baby nephew, Garrett, for the first time! Isn't that neat? Garrett was born in early June and we hadn't seen him yet. Come to find out--Mike's mom who admits she is computer illiterate--uses Skype to see her grandchildren, so you can tell it's easy to use.

I only wish Mike and I had this during the 4 long years we lived in different states. Although, I guess I would have needed to ditch the curlers and blue face mask (and the other boyfriend.)

1 comment:

  1. With a grand daughter in Latvia... my wife lives for Skype time. And now that I'm in Sacramento it's great to keep up with the Czarina!

    ReplyDelete