It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Credit Card Activations=Annoying

When did activating your credit card become such a hassle? I remember the days of calling the 1-800 number from my house phone, using an automated system to enter the last 4 digits of my social, and then my credit card was activated with zero human interaction--my favorite.

Now, the past several times I've called, I get a live person who tells me "Why we're waiting for your card to activate, let me tell you about a special plan we're offering for you." They go on to try and sell me a plan that helps me if I lose my job and can no longer afford to pay my credit cards. For a low monthly premium, I'll have that extra insurance.

Guess what people? I've been either underemployed or unemployed for nearly a year, and I've never missed a credit card payment. Hmm, maybe since I'm only working about 20 hours a week at a clothing store, I'll hold off on buying that speedboat I've always dreamed of. I guess many Americans don't have such self-control, hence why we're in this whole recession anyway.

On top of that, I know they're lying when they say "While we're waiting" because it's an automatic activation. Today I also had to listen to a perky girl tell me what a beautfiful day it is. Sure honey, I'm an optimistic person too, but you're clearly not in Chicago where it's in the Mid-60's, windy and raining.

The good news in all this? An underemployed person can apparently get approved for a card with a $13,5000 limit. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment