It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why Twitter?

                                                         
I love social media.  The highlight of my day is checking Facebook, and seeing how many people checked "Like!" next to my update that says something like, "The future hubby made me spaghetti tonight with homemade sauce.  I think he's a keeper!"  I also love seeing girls who were bitchy to me in high school, and now have a lot of "junk in their trunk" (if you know what I'm sayin'.)  I also secretly love seeing an ex-boyfriend who married someone who, well, let's just say she must have a darling personality.  Facebook rocks.

But Twitter?  I just don't get it.  I've tried and tried, but it seems so pointless.  You basically do the same thing as Facebook--you post something about your day--only with Twitter you have a short amount of space to say it and no one responds.  On Facebook, when I posted the Mike/spaghetti comment, people wrote back, "Way to go Mike!"  Or, "Awe!"  On Twitter--nothing.  Your comments just go to a great abyss known as cyber space.  (I guess I like constant praise--it's a female thing.)

Here are some of my actual Tweets I know people just couldn't live without...

"Put 2% milk on my cereal today and it's so yummy!  Tastes like cream after years of skim."  April 29th, 7:56 a.m. (Don't you feel better knowing that?)

"Mike's bachelor party is this weekend.  Let's hope he doesn't wake up with Mike Tyson's tiger in his hotel room..." April 23rd, 8:50 a.m. (A Hangover reference.  Clever, right?)

"Apple Jacks may be the best cereal...ever." April 9th, 7:43 a.m. (True, but did you need to read that?  Probably not.)

"Why the tears Kate? [Gosselin] You're not a star or a dancer, so it's only natural you got kicked off the show." April 20th, 6:30 p.m. (Okay, clearly my life revolves around food and TV.  Not. Good.)

At least with Twitter, I can follow movie stars like Ashton Kutcher.  His post today says, "Kuwait translation: three guests come with no appointment....Love....Luck...Death."  (Okay, I think Ashton maybe smoking a little too much wacky tobacky.  I have no idea what that means.  Does Demi?)

No comments:

Post a Comment