It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Are men faking it?


Okay, so I've only been married about 3 weeks, but I've totally just uncovered a man's secret! When asked to do something they really don't want to do, they screw it up so they don't have to do it anymore!

I just started writing wedding thank-you notes, and I was trying to calculate how long it would take for me to finish if I do 5 a day. Considering we have really great friends and family, I'm estimating 2 years. I remember my sister-in-law saying she gave Mike's brother a big stack of them to do himself, so they split it up. Here's the problem with Mike doing them: his handwriting looks like an 8-year old serial killer's! He admits it's terrible, and says he'd be embarrassed to have our relatives see it. But, is he just making it terrible to get out of this??

When I had him do his own laundry, he always left something in the pockets, so we now have gum melted onto the side of our dryer. Therefore, I now always do the laundry.

He always "forgets" to take the recycling down to the 1st floor, so I do it.

He takes the stance that "I don't do poo, because it makes me sick," so he doesn't have to clean up after the dogs. Maybe it doesn't make him sick after all, that's just a convenient excuse!

Don't get me wrong, Mike does plenty around the house, but doesn't it make you wonder if they just play dumb sometimes to get out of Honey-do's?

Hmm...what does the man in your life get away with???

3 comments:

  1. Dishes, because he makes such a mess - laundry, because he makes colors "bleed" onto whites - lawn mowing, because I love it and he doesn't - car washing, because he doesn't believe they need it. . .however, he's a great cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try that crap with the Czarina and she just keeps riding me until I get worn down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waking me at midnight for intellectual stimulation and other heavenly pleasures.

    ReplyDelete