It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, July 24, 2010

She's a maneater!


"Whoa oh, here she comes! Watch out boy, she'll chew you up! Whoa oh here she comes, she's a maneater!"

For my birthday, Mike bought us tickets to go see Hall & Oates last night at the Chicago theater. (Sorry for the crappy pic, I was apparently the only one who followed the "no camera" rule and used my cell phone.)

Anyway, it was so much fun! We totally rocked out and had great seats! In fact, the drunk girl in front of us enjoyed our dance moves so much, she totally bought us a round of drinks.

Here's the thing: I totally love 80's music and movies, more than any other era. I'm sure a psychologist would tell you it's because it takes me back to a time with no bills, unemployment worries or really any responsibility. I say it's because I love the rockin' sounds of a "Keytar." (You know, those cool 80's instruments that looked like a guitar, but had a keyboard on them.)

Unfortunately, when you love a famous person or group for 20 + years, there's bound to be some disappointment when you finally see them. My disappointment came last night after realizing Daryl Hall is a total douche bag. First of all, the whole night he swung his long blonde locks in the wind, yet the venue was inside, so he totally had a fan blowing on him! Not sexy Daryl.

Also, all night he was motioning for the crew backstage to either turn it up, or turn it down. (I'm assuming the base), which was silly, because they sounded great. Then when a crew member came out to try and fix his microphone which was slipping down, Daryl swatted at him like he was a fly. Not cool Daryl.

On the other hand, John Oates seemed totally cool, and ignored Daryl's 'tude.

Sure Daryl, you were a big deal in 1983, but I know if I showed your picture to anyone under 25, they wouldn't know who the heck you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment