It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The best wedding present, ever!

Okay, so there are wedding presents, and there is the wedding present. I'm talking about the best gift you'll receive in honor of your nuptials, and one that keeps a smile on your face long after the ceremony is done.

For me, that present is an autographed 8x10 glossy photo of WISH-TV's Dave Barras, hand delivered by Indianapolis' favorite newsman himself! He wrote on it, "Jeannie and Mike, May your marriage last as long as my smile! This is the best gift you'll ever get. Congratulations, Dave."

Why this present is sooo cool, is because Dave is the most popular news anchor on the cosmos, and the waiting list to get one of his glossies is now about 8 years. Luckily, Mike and I got moved up on the list because of the wedding, so we only had to wait about 4 1/2 years.

Indianapolis news fans surely know the story behind this glossy pic. For years, Dave has joked on air about just how many people want his glossy photo, so they can't keep them stocked, hence why there is a waiting list. What makes this so funny, is that Dave is one of the nicest and funniest guys I've ever worked with in television. He's the most humble news personality I know, and doesn't have an ounce of ego is his whole body.

Blah, blah, enough about Dave...now back to the real issue at hand. I can't yet decide where in the house to put it!
I like to have Dave on the patio to make the neighbors jealous, plus I feel like for a man who was raised in Chicago, it's only fitting that he overlooks the city. Don't worry, I turn him every 1/2 hour so he doesn't burn.

However, if it gets too windy, I like to put him in our bedroom. (Buckeye likes to sit next to him too.) Don't worry, I turn Dave and have him face the wall if I'm doing something he shouldn't be seeing, like changing.

Next up for Dave's pic? Ebay. I'm just sure we can re-coup most of what we spent on the wedding by auctioning this off. Please, don't let Dave know.

2 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed your blog, but this entry is better than any you've ever written. You are soooo lucky to have one of those pictures. But I wouldn't sell it so quickly. Sure it would easily pay for the wedding now, but hold on to it for a few years and it will pay for college for your kids... all of them. Gee, he is one good looking guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful... He should have put it in one of those picture frames you can record sound into, and put his signature song "Sweet City Woman" for his favorite urban girl. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete