It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Transformers 3 in our 'hood!

I'm starstruck. I just found out Patrick Dempsey is in town filming "Transformers 3," and he is just blocks away from our apartment. Whoo hoo! (I guess Shia LeBeouf and Tyrese are here too, but I'm more of a McDreamy fan.)

Crews are filming all over the Chi, including in our front yard! This morning, low-flying helicopters flew in our 'hood, and then parachuters jumped out, and landed in the park out front, including in this children's park. No worries...children and parents weren't allowed in the park during filming.

Apparently, crews filmed all morning long, starting at 7 a.m. Residents were given flyers, warning us that we wouldn't be able to drive in front of our building, and at certain times, be allowed to walk in the park.

Exciting, right?

It would be if Mike, the dogs and me didn't sleep through it. I guess when you live in the city long enough, minor distractions outside, like helicopters and stuntmen flying by your window, are pretty much the norm. During their last jump, I was doing laundry and didn't even hear anything, hence why I have these pathetic pictures. I was too late to get anything good!

When you're used to the sounds of sirens, concerts from Millennium Park, drunk bums fighting, dogs barking and kids screaming in the park, filming a major blockbuster isn't anything that bothers you.


No comments:

Post a Comment