It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I was wrong...

Awe, we are back home in the Chi. It's about 10:30 p.m., and Mike and I had a long day of driving home from our laid-back honeymoon in Jackson, Tennessee. We were looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning, only we just found out they may be shooting scenes from "Transformers 3" early in the morning involving low-flying helicopters and parachuters right in front of our apartment. 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning is apparently a good time to shoot a movie scene. It should be cool though...

Do you remember a few weeks ago, I complained about people not calling me back? Yep, I pretty much used this blog as my personal rant.

To my horror tonight, I realized they did call back. Weeks ago. Something must have been wrong with our land-line phone, because when I just checked our messages, we had 20! Some went as far back as 2 weeks ago.

So to the two women I talked badly about before, I apologize.

Here were some of the other messages we missed...

* My cousin's wife saying they were in Chicago and wanted to meet up. (Sorry Rory and Brianne!)

* The audio guys in Jackson, Wyoming, calling to confirm if we still needed a mic at the wedding

* A reminder for my manicure a week and a half ago

* The transportation folks asking if the groomsmen still needed picked up before the wedding. (Even though the day is a blur, I clearly remember Mike being there, so luckily our lack of response didn't stop them from picking the guys up)

* The audio guys in Jackson, Wyoming, calling to cancel the mic since they hadn't heard back from us (Thank God we had a wedding planner who fixed this problem, and we had a mic)

* The limo driver, calling to tell us we left food in the limo. (The nice people at our reception packed up dinner for Mike and me, knowing we didn't really have time to eat, and we'd be hungry later. Dang, I hear the food was really good. )

* One of our wedding guests, asking what time the rehearsal dinner was (Mellinda and Dennis were there, so I guess they figured it out!)

* My mom and future mother-in-law calling, saying they had questions for me before the big day. Oops! Sorry Gail and Barb!

* The nurse at the lab, confirming Mike's DNA, and that he is the father of little Timmy. (Just kidding!)

To everyone I didn't call back: please forgive me! I guess land-lines really aren't any more reliable than cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment