It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, February 12, 2010

Chicago-Home of the Super Friendly

I feel like I'm a good judge of character, but when it came to figuring out how Chicagoans would behave, I was way off. When I moved here, I automatically assumed everyone in this city of millions would be super rude and act like I was in their way. Hence why my first day here I was called a "Bitchy White Woman." Ha, remember that post?

I couldn't have been more wrong. I was just getting on the elevator, and our doorman greeted me with a big smile and a "How are you doing?", and one of our maintenance guys wished me a "Happy Valentine's Day!" Are you kidding? Could they be any nicer? Earlier this morning I had a gentleman hold a door open for me. Certainly not the slamming the door in my face like I expected.

Sure, occasionally a cab driver almost plows me down, or an old crazy woman channeling her inner Hans Solo nearly knocks me out with her cane, but all-in-all, I have to say Chicago is one of the friendliest cities in this country. Sure the weather isn't always great, but the people's warm smiles make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment