It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jenga!

Chicago bars impress me.  Not because of their drinks (although my Hot Apple Martini last night was oh-so-delicious), and not because of their ambiance (although I thought having Valentine's Day candy was a nice touch).  It's the fact that they offer fun things to do.  No longer are the days of sitting around and consuming calories.  I feel like bars are moving towards active fun.

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know a few weeks ago we played Whirlyball which is a combination of bumper cars, lacrosse and basketball.  You also know that we played Dirty Bingo at a fun Lincoln Park bar. (No, my Pops wasn't happy to hear that one.  I promise it's not as bad as it sounds!)

Last night we went to Blue Line in Bucktown, and had a blast playing Connect Four, UNO, and Sorry!  They had all sorts of fun games to choose from.  We finished the night with a highly competitive game of Jenga.  What a great idea!  I love not just plopping my behind on a bar stool and calling it good.  These are creative ways to keep your mind and body active, and makes you feel less guilty about the 800 calories you're consuming.

Have a great weekend everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment