It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let's hope our priorities change


I saw a man on the news that other night that made me so angry.  He bought his home during the housing boom, but now he owes more than what it's worth.  His solution?  Stop paying his mortgage and file for bankruptcy.  He was literally quoted as saying, "Why would I pay this much on a house each month when I can pay less for rent?"  That attitude is exactly what got us into trouble in the first place.

My mom said something last night that I thought was profound.  She said she hoped my generation would learn from all those stupid mistakes and change our attitudes.  She hopes we will become more like our grandparents who lived through the depression, and then worked hard all their lives and didn't take anything for granted.  I hope my generation realizes now that it doesn't matter if you drive the fanciest car or have the biggest home, all that means nothing if you can't sleep at night.

What brought this up is the fact that I'm selling 3 Coach purses on EBay right now.  Sure, it will be nice to get some extra spending cash, but I also find it hard to carry around a $400 purse and not feel like it's a little silly.  My priorities have changed.  (But I sure hope the women bidding on them aren't reading this. The purses truly are beautiful and will look great on your shoulder! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love that you listen to me - that's so cool! Very proud of you sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete