It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snoop Dogg Concert: A bust!

Mike texted me yesterday afternoon and asked if I wanted to go to a Snoop Dogg concert in Wrigleyville. I said sure, thinking that would be fun. One problem: the closest I got to seeing the Snoop is walking by this poster.

We waited for 3 1/2 hours, and nothing. By 11:30 p.m., the little theatre was getting even more sweaty and crowded, and people were booing, so we thought we should probably get out of there before there was a fight.

The night started at 8 p.m. with a terrible opening band from Atlanta. I guess you could say they were an alternative rock group. The group consisted of about 10 crazy people on stage dancing and thrashing about. Since in this economy everyone is looking to make cuts, I have some suggestions for them.
--Axe the two women dancing around and playing tambourines, because let's face it, are those ever needed?

--Get rid of the a crazy guy hitting a cowbell with a drumstick because let's be honest, it's funny when Will Ferrell does it, not so much when you do it.

--Axe the guy occasionally playing the 80's-style keyboard. I've seen my nephew's and it plays by itself with the push of a button.

Finally to you Snoop Dogg, sure you're talented and we wanted to see you perform, but please don't keep us waiting for 3 1/2 hours, especially on a Tuesday night. I'm sure the gansta' rapper lifestyle is more forgiving, but most of your fans had to get up early this morning and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment