It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, February 5, 2010

Have you ever played Dirty Bingo?

Last night I did something I can say with 100% certainly I've never done anything like it before.  I played Dirty Bingo.

Considering my grandmother, Mama Mays, reads this blog daily, I'm going to try and explain this as cleanly as possible.

Every other Thursday, a bar in Lincoln Park called Victory Liquors, plays Dirty Bingo in a back room.  People pay $10 for a Bingo card, and then work to fulfill dirty phrases on their board with the numbers called out.  It is actually a lot of fun!  There were 20, 30 and 40 something's there, clearly all career people who just like to have a good laugh.

I had an embarrassing moment though.  When you get down to having just one square left until winning, you have to yell out a dirty expression to the foul-mouthed woman who's calling out the numbers.  That expression ends with you calling her a bit**.  It came to my turn, and I yelled out the expression that seemed loud in my head, but was apparently nothing more than a whisper.  Miss Foul Mouth looked up at me, and said, "What was that?"  I said it again, but it wasn't much louder than before.  She laughed and said, "Well, I guess we have a shy one here!"  Everyone laughed and I turned bright red.  I was forced to yell the dirty expression one more time.  Phew, who knew yelling dirty expressions in front of strangers was so tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment