It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The meaning behind "Bright Lights, Sweaty Armpits"


I have a huge fear of driving in Chicago. I learned how to drive in the metropolitan city of Cheyenne, Wyoming, population=50,000. On any given day, there are that many people driving along Michigan Avenue.

If you've ever wondered why the name of this blog is "Bright Lights, Sweaty Armpits," it's because that's exactly what I get when I have to drive or use public transportation. I thought city life would be so glamorous, but there's nothing charming about my constant sweat rings.

Today, Mike came back from a winter getaway to Florida. I decided if there was ever a time to conquer my fear of driving to Midway Airport, a Sunday morning is just the ticket.

I actually did pretty well! Only a couple of problems: I had to swerve into another lane to avoid getting hit by a huge red truck, and I missed the entrance to the airport and I had to do a U-turn. When I did the U-turn, I realized I was driving the wrong way down a one-way street. Oops! Thank goodness I still have Wyoming license plates. I think that's the only way I avoided getting a honk and the middle finger.

1 comment:

  1. I would think people might honk and give you the middle finger simply *because* you had wyoming license plates! :)

    ReplyDelete