It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The 3-1-1 Rule: Learn it!

If you've flown in the past several years, you know you need to take off everything before going through the security line, and lord help you if you have something like an artificial hip.  You also know that you can't take liquids on-board unless they are 3 ounces or less and in a 1 quart bag.  This seriously puts on damper on my toiletry addiction and 10-step hair care program.

As a former reporter, I can tell you the 3 oz 1 quart bag rule was sprayed all over the news.  I probably did 20 live shots on it myself.  So how do people still not know?

Case in point: I'm at the security line this week leaving SW Florida heading back to Chicago.  The airport worker tells the man in front of me, "Mr. Jones, you have fertilizer in your bag and you can't do that.  Fertilizer can be used to make bombs."

Really Mr. Jones?  I can't pack my favorite Pina Colada lotion, and you think fertilizer is okay?  Have you missed watching the news for oh, let's say, 3 years?  I wasn't worried because apparently Mr. Jones also packed soil, so it seemed like he was more into landscaping than terrorist activities. But sheesh Mr. Jones, you need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment