As I mentioned before, yesterday was the huge St. Patrick's Day celebration in the city. I saw green everywhere...the river, people's t-shirts, fake eyelashes and even little green mustaches. The day was a lot of fun overall, but it started out very annoying. Hopefully you can relate.
* Annoying is starting your St. Patrick's Day celebration at 1 p.m, but quickly realizing everyone else started at 9 a.m., and are all very drunk. And. Very. Annoying.
* Annoying is realizing the parade just got done and there aren't any cabs to be found--anywhere. This discovery occurs after walking 1/2 mile in the rain that is blowing sideways.
* Annoying is your fiance telling you he found a cab and he'll pick you up on Lower Columbus so you need to walk down the stairs to find him. Only you discover the entire Chicago Irish Band from the parade is walking up the stairs with their gigantic big bagpipes and heckling you for going the wrong way.
* Annoying is your fiance calling and telling you he meant Upper Columbus, so you have to fight with the Irish Band to get back up the stairs.
* Annoying is then getting to the Wrigleyville Bar which has to be violating fire codes with all the people, and again, everyone is hours ahead of you.
* Annoying is the 22-year-old girls dancing out-of-control and hitting you with their giant Louis Vuitton purses.
* Annoying is the fact that 22-year-old-girls can even afford Louis Vuitton purses.
* Not annoying--one of Mike's friends seeing that you're not in a great mood, and feeding you beers to catch up. It's amazing how much more tolerable people are with a Bud Light buzz.
Happy St. Patty's Day everybody!