It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You never know what you have until it's gone

Dear Garbage Disposal,
Oh, how I miss you!  I'll be honest, I never really thought about you when I had you, but now that I don't?  You're all I think about.  How you grind up last night's dinner is amazing.  The way you take stinky chicken and make it disappear is phenomenal.  The way you accept all our leftovers without ever asking a question makes you a girl's best friend.  You make kitchens all over this country a better place.

But now that I live in the city, I can't have you.  Apparently there wasn't room for you in our tiny 660-square foot apartment and tiny kitchen, but there's always room for you in my heart.  Now, our garbage stinks within 4 hours because we don't have you and are forced to put my crazy cooking in the garbage can.  Without you garbage disposal, we are forced to sneak out at midnight to make trash shoot runs, embarrassed by the dead body smell coming from our Glad bag.  People aren't glad to smell that!

There is hope though.  This weekend, Mike and I did a walking tour and saw really amazing homes in Lincoln Park and Old Town, so perhaps one day, garbage disposal, we'll move into a home of our own and we can reunite.

Until we meet again...
Love, "Stinky" Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. So I have to say....my husband is a plumber. for 20 years he cleaned peoples clogged drains from these pesky things. He now has a cush job as an irragation tech at the golf course and has since removed my beloved friend from our sink for fear he may have to relive his plumber days. Dang him! I miss mine too....he feels they have no place in newer homes let alone my 1930's home....carrisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrisa, I feel your pain! And apparently, you feel mine! I think you should plan a protest...you won't cook until you get a disposal. :)

    ReplyDelete