It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Diet Coke=Eww

What's wrong this picture?  If you have the ability to read upside down (see, we all have talents!), you see that it says "Sugar Free."  In my opinion, it might as well say, "Taste Free."  Growing up, people told me that I'd eventually like beer and Diet Coke because they are acquired tastes, and yet I'd pick up an MGD any day over this.  I think why Mike proposed to me isn't my charming personality, but the fact that I keep fat-full Cherry Cokes stocked in my fridge at all time.

Lately, I've been getting a complex about my weight.  Not really, but I've had two instances with Diet Coke that made me laugh.

First, when Mike and I went for sushi a few weeks ago, the woman came to take our drink order.  She looked at me and said, "Do you want a Diet Coke?"  Um, no.  What does that mean?  Do I look like I need one?  I told her I'd like a Miller Light instead.  Hey, it's still light!  Then on Monday we went to Chipolte for dinner.  We were checking out, and I said I'd like a small pop.  (You fill your own cup at the fountain).  She said, "We don't have Diet Coke, so do you still want it?"

So I'm guessing either 1) A lot of blondes order Diet Cokes, so they assume I will too, or 2) Just like they say 30 is the new 20, perhaps "Skinny is the new fat", and I need to lose weight after all.

2 comments: