It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Can someone be too nice?

I'm all about being nice, I mean c'mon, I won Miss Congeniality when I was running for Miss Wyoming.  It doesn't get any better than being nice to women you really want to hate while cutting a hole in their panty hose or stealing their lipstick.  (True story, at Miss USA, someone cut the straps of Miss Montana's high heels.  Brutal!)

But sometimes I feel like people are too nice, and maybe you'll agree.  Do you ever feel like your server or sales person is going a little over the top?  The other night, Mike and I had a really nice waitress, but it may have been a bit much....

Her: "Here, let me take that plate out of your way."
Me: "Sure, thanks."
Her: "There you go, it's out of your way now." (Okay, great.  Do I need to thank her again?)

Her: "How is everything?"
Me: "It's great, thanks."
Her about 2 minutes later: "How are you guys doing?"
(Still good!)

Her: "Can I get you guys anything else?"
Mike: "Nope, we're good, thanks."
Her: "Just let me know if you change your mind and need anything else."
(Okay, okay, we get it.  Did she have a dose of sweetness for breakfast?)

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting used to being called a "*ITCH!" by crazy bums for no apparent reason, so niceness now feels a little foreign.

No comments:

Post a Comment