It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celeb Sightings

I am someone who gets, well let's just say, starstruck. I see a movie star, and I get weak in the knees. I'd probably even squeal if I saw a cast member of Jersey Shore. I am? A huge dork.
I guess it's because I just love Hollywood, and always imagined as a little girl that I would someday be as famous as Julia Roberts or Meryl Streep.
During my television career, I got to meet some cool celebs. Leslie Nielsen is probably the most memorable. He was funny and charming and extremely cool to interview.
90210's Jason Priestly was also very cool and willing to take a pic with me. His former co-star Ian Ziering, was equally as cool. I didn't get a pic, but he smiled and said "hello."
Jennifer Coolidge, a.k.a "Stifler's Mom" from the super popular "American Pie" movies was super fun! Mike's cousin rented out her New Orleans home for her wedding reception, and Coolidge stayed and got drunk with everyone. She rocked.


But then there are the celebs I've met who are total tools or not at all what I was expecting.....
Last night, my girlfriend and I were walking around downtown Chicago after hanging out at "Epic" for another girlfriend's birthday. All of a sudden, I heard some girls in front of me say, "Oh, there's Jamie Kennedy!" (He's a comedian and actor, probably best know for dating Jennifer Love Hewitt.) Before I knew it, he was flipping everyone in the crowd off. Weird, right? Like he was annoyed with getting recognized. But I thought B-list stars got annoyed if you didn't recognize them?? Then, he looked at his reflection in a window, fixed his hair, and went into the bar "Rockit." The whole thing was very odd.
Then there's the time I met Dustin Diamond, a.k.a "Screech" from the popular show "Saved by the Bell." He does comedy now, so some friends and I saw his show in Fort Myers, Florida. He is funny, but seemed a little jaded by the peak of his career being over, and I got tired of his jokes accusing Zach of being gay. Plus, I had to pay $10 for this pic and another $5 for his autograph. Lame.

 Then there was the time I got to interview Maxwell Caulfield, you know, the guy from "Grease 2." You can see from this pic with Michelle Pfeiffer he was a total hottie! I got up early that morning to make sure my hair and make-up looked perfect. Then he showed up..and well, let's just say, he hasn't aged well. He is now bald, except for a creepy little patch of hair on his forehead. Weird.

But perhaps my biggest disappointment was two years ago when I ran into Anthony Michael Hall, my favorite 80's actor. You know him..he was in Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science. My girlfriends and I were in New York, and decided to have lunch at a busy Sushi restaurant in Times Square. We needed one more chair, so we asked the gentleman next to us who was sitting alone. Then we realized it was him! I was SO excited...I'd been a fan of this guy for 20 years. We asked if we could take a picture with him, and he said "no." Ouch. When I told Mike later, he said, "What? He didn't want to take a picture with 4 beautiful women?"


He did agree to take this picture of my friends and me, which you see here. But no pic with him. I was bummed. If he didn't want to be recognized, perhaps he shouldn't have gone out to eat in Touristy Times Square, on a Saturday and chosen to sat next to a huge bay window looking out towards all the other tourists.

Feel free to share your celeb sightings in the comment section!

5 comments:

  1. I met Bill Murray in a drunken episode downtown Chicago in the summer of 2003. He was super super nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Melinda and I saw Richard Dreyfuss on Rodeo Drive in a restaurant in 2000 - I was pretty impressed seeing him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $15 for a pic and autograph with Dustin Diamond? Heck, he should have paid $30 to have his picture taken with YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a blog about my celebrity encounters a while back- http://honeymoonphase.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/celebrity-encounters-over-the-years/
    And I paid for a pic with Dustin Diamond that night too! Hey, if I could charge people for photos with me I probably would too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me what the name brand of Jason Priestly's jacket, I want one :) Thank You

    ReplyDelete