It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You're still the one!

Our 1st Anniversary at Bahama Breeze (Despite Mike's face, he really is happy)
I have to smile when I think about January 4th, 7 years ago. I was doing Pilates at home on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I lived in a darling little apartment off of Daniels Parkway in Fort Myers, Florida. When I was in the middle of the leg series, my phone rang. I contemplated not answering because I was in the middle of my workout. But when I saw the name on the screen, "Mike," my heart began pounding a million miles an hour, and I knew I HAD to answer.

Wow, was this the guy from work the ladies affectionately referred to "Hot Radio Guy?" Just the idea of him working down the hall was enough to make my palms sweat. I couldn't look him in the eye, because he was the best-looking man I'd ever seen in person. Every time he walked by my desk, he would give me a little pinch, which in turn, made my whole day. I thought surely that meant he liked me. But then I found out he was dating our meteorologist. And well, I was dating someone too. It probably wouldn 't work out.

But why is he calling me?  I answered with a hesitant, but excited, "Hello?" He then asked me to go to dinner that night.  Normally I didn't go out on Sunday nights, because as a morning reporter, I had to get up at 3 a.m. Aw, heck, I can be tired the next day!

Mike picked me up in his gold Pontiac Grand Am, and played David Gray on the way to dinner at Bahama Breeze. We sat outside, and I couldn't believe how nice the weather was for a January day. We talked about our upbringings, and I was shocked to find out both of our mothers are teachers and both of our fathers are lawyers. That has to mean something, right?

When he dropped me off, he gave me a kiss that I felt in my toes. Wow, I thought that only happened in the movies! I then called my mom and said, "He's the one."

Well, "Hot Radio Guy" was the one and he's now my husband. I truly feel like the luckiest woman in the world. He still makes me tingle in my toes, and he only has mildly annoying habits. Score!

Happy Anniversary honey!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your story with your hubby. Love it. I love all the details...I remember things that way too, the songs and smells and tingles in my toes! Glad you are so happy!!

    ReplyDelete