It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hide Yo' Kids!

Courtesy: ABC 7 Chicago
Have you heard the news? People in 30 states are going to be shaking in their boots tomorrow and Wednesday as we deal with the worst blizzard in years. Forecasters are calling for 18-20 inches of snow. Yikes!

Here's my question--when don't they say a storm will be the worst in years? When don't they have the live shot of a reporter standing outside a grocery store talking about people stocking up on food? When don't they say you should avoid being outside if possible?

Okay, call me a cynic, but I've been that reporter who stood outside for 6 hours, doing live shots where I gave this "good" advice. I've been the person who showed the conditions saying "It doesn't look bad now, but just wait..." Heck, I've even been that girl forced to do "snow" live shots when there wasn't any snow. That one was embarrassing.

I could be wrong here, but I'm not worried about this potential Snowmageddon. It's Chicago people, not Miami...we know how to handle this. We are prepared. We get a lot of snow every year. I do understand when Atlanta shut down for a week last month because cities like that aren't used to the white stuff. But for us? This ain't our first rodeo.

Courtesy: Apartment Therapy
My solution? Stock up on alcohol...and donuts...and Cocoa Pebbles. Also, don't be an idiot. You can't drive stupid when conditions get bad. Oh yeah, and if you've shoveled out your parking spot on the street, put a piece of furniture there to protect your spot for when you get home. It's a Chicago thing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment