It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Things that make you go hmmm....

The following blog post is about things that make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Please feel free to add your own! (I've made commenting on this blog much easier.)


Last night I was trying to order a pizza online, but first, the company wanted me to fill out an online profile of myself. Annoying, but totally worth it if the prize is getting a delicious Stuffed Crust Pizza. (However, I'm sad to report Pizza Hut doesn't deliver in our 'hood, or really anywhere is the heart of the city. Bummer!) 

But before I knew that, I was forced to fill out my profile. It asked for my birthday which I thought was strange, because who cares? Will I get a male stripper and a pepperoni 'za on June 9th?? When I scrolled down the list, every year from 1910 to 2010 was listed. Really people? Do you think my one-year old nephew can get online and order a pizza?  Or some 100-year old man? Do centenarians really order food online? Do they ever know what being online is? (And yes, I had to look up centenarian :)

Tonight, when I was looking at a job posting, I noticed they asked applicants to list their race and gender.  Listed under gender were 1) Male, 2) Female, 3) Unknown.  Really? I've met some confused people in my day, but does anyone NOT know that answer? That would make filling out a profile for online dating really tough.

Or when applying for a job online, why do employers have you attach your resume and then immediately ask your to fill out your work history? Isn't that what a resume is?

When I've ordered things online lately, or tried to comment on a blog post, it asks me to fill out the word code that I see in the box.  Apparently this is to prevent spam. Have you noticed that most of these are impossible to read??  For example, look at this one I came across the other day. What in the world does it say? Sheesh.

Have you ever noticed there is Braille on drive-thru ATM machines? Why is that needed?

Have you ever called a 1-800 number and had the recorded voice NOT tell you to "Listen carefully, because the menu has changed." Does the menu ever stay the same? And what to I have to hit to get a LIVE person??






No comments:

Post a Comment