Here we are, a new day, a new year, and a world full of possibilities. I just realized it's 1-1-11, how cool is that?
In Chicago, there are three holidays that are huge....Halloween, New Year's and St. Patty's Day. In my opinion, they are all overpriced, crowded, full of scantily-clad women and usually more fun after your third glass of Cabernet.
In 2011, Mike and I need to save more and spend less considering he's starting his own company and I'm thinking about going back to school. So last night we decided to take it easy and go to a friend's house for dinner and drinks instead of paying $100 per person for a cover charge to go to the bars. We had a ton of fun too! We made crab legs and filets, and it was delicious. The best part? We spent about 1/3 of what we would have spent going out.
We actually did pretty well, and here are some of the things we learned about each other....
* Dinner's I cook are most likely out of can, versus a bag or box
* Mike likes to get the last word in when we fight (He readily admitted it too...)
* He is taller than anyone else I've ever dated (In the past, I always dated men around 5'7...not sure why. They were short on personalities too)
* Mike is actually a very clean person, and doesn't have too many annoying habits. (However, he, like many men, thinks dirty dishes belong in the sink and not the dishwasher. It's not super annoying now, but ask me again in 10 years)
* Neither one of us knows a lot about our past relationships, because we really don't want to know. Ignorance=bliss
That's about all I can post on here, considering my grandmother reads this blog.
In other couple's news...I have to wish my mom and step-father a Happy Anniversary!
To the rest of you...Happy New Years! Thanks for your support. I started this blog as just a fun hobby, never dreaming that people would actually read it. In 2011, I plan to start video blogging, so stay tuned!