It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bachelorette Party/Bridal Shower Extravaganza!


What a fabulous weekend!  On Saturday, Mike's family put together a lovely bridal shower for me in Vienna, Ohio, and later that night we had my first bachelorette party in Cleveland. (Yes I'm having more than one shower/bachelorette party because I've waited 31 long years for this moment, and well, I deserve it.)

That night after getting my drink and shot on, I went back to the hotel room I was sharing with my mother to finally go to bed.  I laid down but quickly realized I needed to run to the bathroom to get sick.  As soon as my tipsy legs hit the tile floor, I slipped and fell.  My mom says she heard a commotion and was clearly so worried, she stayed in bed.  My shin now has a very large goose egg on it.  Here's the thing though... I say being bruised and vomiting equals a successful last hoorah in singlehood!  (To my grandmother Mama Mays-When I say vomiting and falling, I really mean prayers before milk and cookies.)

Here were my two favorite moments from the weekend: I ran into plenty of other brides-to-be at the bar and chatted with most of them.  One told me she hated the bar we were at, "Because it was all women, so they were leaving to find a bar with more men."  Hmm...I'm wondering if she knows polygamy is frowned upon in 49 states.  (Sorry Utah!)

My second favorite moment: At the shower, an older relative asked my 8 1/2 month very pregnant future sister-in-law if she was the one getting married.  Hmm...better late than never I suppose!

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend.  I have to give a shout out to my future mother-in-law's good friend Suzette.  She a) came to my bachelorette party and totally rocked, she b) made chocolates in the shape of a man's _____well, you can probably guess and c) she's a loyal blog reader.  Thanks for everything Suzette!

1 comment:

  1. Jeannie you are a so fun & remember it is all about you!!! I had a great time & thanks for letting me join all of you! Your mother is a doll! Hope you had fun and can't wait to see you again in Wyoming. Luv, Suzette

    ReplyDelete