It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome back sun!


Sun! Welcome back to the Midwest!  We have missed you!

This top picture shows our view today.  Isn't it beautiful?  There's something so magical about seeing boats on the water, even if they aren't yours (and probably never will be.)  The bottom picture shows what our view has looked like on and off for two weeks.  (More on than off, which is why I've taken to drinking at 3:30 p.m.  Hey, if it's dark outside, I feel like it's okay to drink!)

Chicago has been rainy and gloomy for days.  The
fog has been so thick, people living on floors 10 and higher haven't been able to see out of their windows.  I've worn my hair in a ponytail for 9 days straight, because with this humidity, my hair goes flat in seconds.  People have been in bad moods.
 
Isn't it amazing how when the weather is gloomy, you have no energy and a bad outlook on things.  People seem so annoying to me, that I don't even want to walk home from work and fight the crowds.  I have had no choice though, knowing a cab driver wouldn't waste his time on a $3.00 fare.
                                                                              
Now, when I wake up with the weather sunny and beautiful, I feel like I can take on the world!  Suddenly errands don't seem so monotonous and working out isn't such a chore.

Hopefully it's sunny in your neck of the woods too so you can soak it up!  (If not, try a vodka and 7-up at 3:30 p.m.  It really does help.)

No comments:

Post a Comment