It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, May 16, 2010

If you cut in line, you're a loser




Why does anyone over the age of 8 cut in line?  Seriously people, do you think your time is more valuable than mine?  Do you think you deserve a double cheeseburger before I do?  Do you think you're entitled to buy your cargo shorts before anyone else?

In the past 3 days, I've been cut in front of at least 4 times.  Once at McDonald's, twice at Ann Taylor Loft, and at least once at the book signing I told you about in the previous post.  I've decided instead of getting really mad at this utter lack of respect, I'd take a picture of this blond line-cutter, and post her pic for all the world to see.  (Okay, really just my immediate friends and family will see it, but it still makes me feel better.)

At the Jen Lancaster book signing, the Border's workers cleverly put tape on the ground with arrows so people could see which way to go.  This blond line-cutter (see picture), came up to me and gave me the look like I should move.  When I silently retorted back with a death look, she said, "Excuse me, I want to look at the books behind you."  So I moved out of the way, and she did look at the books...for a hot second.  Then, she cut in line.

Guess what, blond line-cutter?  Karma is a bitch, and what you dish out, you'd better be prepared to take back.  The next time we meet, I hope it's at the Pearly White Gates to heaven, and you're in line before me.  Then I'll cleverly tell you I need to ask Saint Peter something, and I'll move towards him...but then?  I'll cut in line and get to heaven before you.  That way I can enjoy Brad Pitt look-a-likes feeding me grapes without their shirts on a lot faster.

1 comment: