It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, May 28, 2010

People Need to Quit with the Lawsuits

Why are we so lawsuit crazy?  Seriously people, stop acting dumb.  A Michigan woman is suing United Airlines after she fell asleep on her flight, apparently didn't wake up when it landed, and was left on board for a few hours.  When Ginger McGuire woke up and realized what happened, she "paced the aisle for about 15 minutes when the locked door opened" and police asked to see her I.D.  She claims is was "horrifying" and is now asking for up to $75,000 for emotional distress, negligence, breach of contract and false imprisonment. Seriously?  False imprisonment?  Emotional distress?  That's $5,000 per minute for the time she was trying to get out.

My guess, Ginger?  This is stemming from a larger issue.  Perhaps you're still really mad at your parents for naming you Ginger.  Or you're mad that when you finally woke up, it wasn't next to Brad Pitt like you were dreaming about.

Now, I agree, it's weird that workers didn't see her, but look at this picture.  She can't even stay awake for her news conference!

Here's the deal people....even if you sue someone for a bunch of money, you're still going to be unhappy and looking for something to make you feel better.  Me?  I prefer to blog about frustrating situations.  As soon as I wrote about that blond line-cutter at a recent book signing I went to, I instantly felt better. 

Hmm, maybe I should have sued Border's for emotional distress....

No comments:

Post a Comment