It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Who's coming to the chapel?

Trying to figure out who's coming to your wedding is a huge pain in the butt.  Seriously, a pain.  You'd think it would be so easy and people would RSVP, but guess what?  They don't.  They avoid your e-mails like you're a tax investigator with the IRS.

For our wedding, I asked people to RSVP on-line instead of sending back a little card.  This is an effort to be green, and let's face it, it's a lot cheaper and easier.  Our deadline was May 15th.  Well, May 15th came and went, and we still hadn't heard from 50 families.  Some families have 6 people in it, so as you can imagine, that's the difference between being able to feed everyone at a reasonable price, and only being able to feed them if we sell our car.

To make matters worse, Mike's sister-in-law, Cara, is an artist and writing out the place cards with her beautiful calligraphy.  But...she's about to give birth any day now.  Like so close, if she sneezes, that baby is flying out.  So I was trying to get all the RSVP's before she puts feeding/changing/holding the baby ahead of my wedding.  Sheesh, it's so hard to find good help these days!

I guess it's Karma, though.  Every time I've moved, I've found one or two of those wedding RSVP cards in a drawer I had completely forgotten about.  Oops!  I'm sure God is now laughing because I'm getting exactly what I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment