It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Working at a clothing store with a shopping addiction=trouble

My name is Jeannie, and I'm a shopaholic.  There, I admitted I have a problem, so now I'm making my plea for help.  I suppose the fact that I'm working at a clothing store is not helping....that would be like an alcoholic working as a bartender.

Last Friday, I decided to make a goal of not buying any clothes for one week.  I've worked three shifts since then, and I haven't bought a thing!  Yeah!  I even put a jacket on hold, but the guilt became so intense, I put it back without buying it.  But here's my problem: we just got in one of the largest shipments of the season, full of darling leopard prints shirts and scarves, and army green linen shorts I'm pretty sure I can't live without.  Don't even get me started on the dresses.  If bubblegum pink didn't make me so darned happy...

Every morning, I wake up shaking, knowing I need a fix.  I'm trying to get buy (pun intended!)...by using gift cards I received from the bridal shower and my Discover card's cash back program.  But I fear it won't be enough because we're putting out all the new summer clothes tomorrow.

I just have to make it until Friday..... 

Wish me luck! 

2 comments:

  1. good luck! i swear, that's why i worked at lowe's during the summer in college ... i needed MONEY and a place i wouldn't spend it! LOL

    ReplyDelete