It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Have you tweeted someone today?

Does technology ever scare you?  Just think, you could be tweeting, IM'ing, or Facebooking someone right now and not even know it.  For example, yesterday when I was walking around the city, I didn't lock my cell phone.  So during a 20-minute walk, I crank called my hairdresser 9 times.  9 times!  I apparently hit the keys with my butt.  I e-mailed her saying how sorry I was, but she didn't respond.  She's clearly had enough of my shenanigans.

In college, a friend of mine's father got caught cheating on his wife, because he accidentally dialed her when he was with the other woman.  The wife listened to her husband and the girlfriend sweet talking each other, and later slapped him with divorce papers.

When I first joined Facebook, I was having people I didn't know well or hadn't seen in years, sending me instant messages like, "Hey Jeannie, it's been a long time.  How are you?"  I felt like I had to respond because they knew I was online.  I didn't like that, and finally figured out to make myself invisible so people didn't know exactly when I was on the computer.

At work, our cash drawer is appartently coming up short, so when I was checking people out last night, big wigs from New York were watching me, and everyone else, via surveillance camera.  Yowsers!

So like it or not, there's a good chance you're being watched, cyber stalked, or tweeted without your knowledge.  I say be careful with your "butt calling," so you don't get into trouble with your hair stylist.... because you just might end up with a pink mohawk.

1 comment:

  1. ....learn your phone...."butt-calls" are bad form....kind of like having a lame wedding...

    ReplyDelete