It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Loud Cell Phone Talkers=The Worst

When I flew back from Wyoming Monday night, everything was delayed because of terrible winds in Denver and the awful tornadoes in Nebraska (I nearly died--see yesterday's post.)

The good news is that I was able to catch an earlier flight via standby, but my bag wasn't so lucky.  That meant I arrived at Midway at 9 p.m., but my bag didn't get there until 1 a.m.

As I was waiting, I found a quiet little spot in the corner to relax.  As you can tell from the pic, there was no one around.
Then "Mr. I'm So Cool On My Cell Phone, I'm Just Sure Everyone Around Me Wants to Hear What I'm Saying," plopped down next to me.  Have you ever had this happen?  There are a million other seats, but the most annoying person ever chooses to sit next to you.  Here's a little sampling of his unneccessary and unneccessarily loud conversation.

"Yeah, I'm still working at Blockbuster right now, so I get great discounts on videos, but I still want to try the whole acting thing." (Sorry to tell him--Just because you work with movies, doesn't mean you can be in movies.)

"To get noticed, I think I'll hyphenate my name with my middle name." (Sorry to break the news--I'm pretty sure Daniel Day Lewis is famous because of his amazing ability to portray characters and not because he threw "Day" into the mix.)

He asks the person on the other end of the line, "What, you ate 18 tacos today?  What did they look like?" (Hmm, my guess?  There was meat, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes rolled up into a tortilla.  Clever, isn't it?)

"Wow, the fact that you ate 18 tacos and she still wants to make love to you is incredible!" (Okay, now we know his fat friend is getting some lovin'.  That information?  I didn't need to know.)

The moral of my story?  If you're an idiot who likes to talk about tacos and getting some lovin' really loud, find your own spot in the airport, because mine? It's taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment