It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The winds of change....

In every state I've lived in, I hear people joke about how quickly the weather changes.

In Indy people would say, "Just take a spin around the track, and you'll go from sunny skies to a tornado in a Danica Patrick hot minute."
In Fort Myers, Florida people would say, "By the time you eat the 4 p.m. early bird special and drive home slowly in the left lane, the storms will be rolling in."
In Grand Junction, Colorado, "After you mosey down the Colorado river in your raft with a Coors in your hand, the rain will be a 'coming."

Clearly those people have never lived in Cheyenne, Wyoming.  Yesterday afternoon was absolutely gorgeous with temps in the 80's.  As I was sipping a Bloody Mary in a cute sundress at the Four Winds Bar with all the doors open, I was sweating.  When I got up, my dress was stuck to my legs.  Then, by the time I'd finished my second Bloody Mary, the winds were whippin' up and the temperature dropped 30 degrees.  I was now cursing the fact that all I was wearing was my cute little sundress.  Forecasters were even calling for snow in some areas last night.

So I say, in Wyoming, just take a gallop on your horse towards the sunset, and the winds will be a changin' and the snow will be riding towards ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment