It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ever gotten a spray tan at home? You should!

Living in a city often has huge advantages.  You can get a taco at 3 a.m. (I recommend La Pasadita at the corner of Ashland and Division.  There are 3 on the same corner, so you never have to wait!)  You can get a mani/pedi for $45 dollars and without an appointment.  (Rural places charge $60 and you only get the pedi.)  You can also walk to your grocery store/drug store/bakery without driving.  (Warning though: Do not buy O.J. and a gallon of milk on the same trip.  After carrying it for a mile and up and down stairs, you'll want to die.)

This week I've discovered another luxury of city living.  You can get a spray tan done in your own home! 

I have another bridal shower this weekend, and I decided I wanted to trade in my pasty "Powder"ish skin for a darker, Kim Kardashian tint.  Since I can't trade in my Welsh roots for Armenian ones, I have to buy my skin coloring.  When I googled "spray tans Chicago" a bunch of places popped up, including ones that come to your door.  I clicked on "Glamour Girl Tan.com" and contacted the owner, Riane.  She said she'd be at my house within an hour.  When she got there, she brought her portable sprayer and this big tent so she could spray me without getting it all over the house.  I stood there in my birthday suit + bikini bottoms (Mama always says a good girl keeps her undies on), and let Riane spray me.  She was great!  The whole thing only took about 20 minutes, and it was $45, which is less than what I've spent at salons.

So now I'm tan, in Wyoming and about to get more gifts.  Life?  It's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment