It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anyone have a Kleenex?

When I was younger, I made fun of my mom because of her "Kleenex Addiction."  She always needed a Kleenex no matter where we were, and if she accidentally forgot one, I saw a slight panic come across her face.  My grandmother was the same way, and always had a travel pack of Kleenex with her at all times.  I was convinced it was all in their heads, that they just thought they needed one, and I vowed to never be the same way.

Then came 31 and me moving to Chicago.  What is it about getting older, that your nose runs all the time??  When you eat, you need one.  When you go to the movie, you need one.  When you get out of the shower, you probably need two.  Sheesh, is gravity affecting our noses too?


Chicago makes it even worse.  When you walk everywhere, your nose constantly runs.  When I'm walking on Michigan Avenue, I feel just like Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber with a frozen snot mustache on my upper lip. (I hope you're not eating right now!)

When I was working (hope you didn't blink and miss that one), it sounded like a symphony of sniffles as everyone struggled to keep the snot in their noses instead of running down their faces.

What's the point of this post?  I guess there really isn't one, except no matter how hard you try fighting getting older, it just doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment