It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm not even tired of him yet!


Today Mike and I have been together for exactly 6 years.  It was January 4, 2004, that he called and asked me out.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was at home, doing Pilates on the living room floor, when my phone rang.  I was shocked when I saw it was him calling, because I didn't think he was interested.  Mike tells me now that was part of his "game."

We went to Bahama Breeze in Fort Myers, Florida and the rest is history.  Now in 6 months, we'll be married.
How did I know he was the one?  Let's take a look back....
  • First, Mike picked me up for the date.  Doesn't sound that impressive?  I've dated guys who either didn't have cars or a driver's license.  This was a major plus.
  • Secondly, he opened the car door for me.  I once had to crawl through a window to get in, because my date's car door was broken.  Not easy to do in a skirt.
  • Third, we ordered a pizza to share and he told me his favorite topping is mushrooms.  I agree!  Some women look for men who have dark hair and light eyes.  I just look for a mushroom-lover.
  • Fourth, when he dropped me off, Bailey took to him right away.  I once dated a guy that she growled at every time she saw him.  She's smart.
  • Finally, when I asked Mike was his parents did for a living he said his dad is a lawyer and his mom is a teacher.  Mine are too!  Having successful parents has made him a hard-working person.  Definitely a step up from a guy I once dated who wanted to be a "Sports Bookie"!  
I still can't believe I'm marrying the man of my dreams.  I am truly lucky, and I've known that for 6 years.  I love you honey and I can't wait to be your wife!

2 comments:

  1. I always knew he was a "keeper"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! You deserve the best and you found him. Can't wait to see you guys seal the deal!!!

    ReplyDelete