It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Really? You have nothing better to do with your time?


I'm not going to lie, I love to waste time. Drinking a cup of coffee takes me at least an hour on the couch. My stepdad says my mom and I are the best "dinkers" in the world. We can dink around and waste time with the best of 'em.

But here's something I don't understand. On Facebook, you can play imaginary games, and the results show up on your Facebook page. Like today, I'm reading a friend's recent activity, and it says "Jerry" (I'm changing names to protect the identities of dinkers), "Has pulled off the impossible at Cafe World! They said it was impossible, but Jerry wouldn't relent and made an Impossible Quiche!"
It goes on to say Jerry would like to share that quiche with some of his friends. Really?? Am I supposed to send Jerry a message like, "Ooh, Jerry, great job! Your quiche was delicious!"

Another post said "Bob" is feeling Hot, Hot, Hot in Cafe World! He fired up the stove, and made Fiery Fish Tacos. And again, he'd like his friends to have a taste.
Again, am I supposed to say, "Thanks Bob, I didn't know Fiery Fish Tacos could be so tasty on a Sunday morning!"

I recently e-mailed a friend a long e-mail, asking her advice on my career. She didn't get back to me, but later that day it said on her Facebook page that she found a lonely cow on her farm. Seriously?? The cow is more important than career crisis?

No comments:

Post a Comment