It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, January 11, 2010

It's like the first day of school

My outfit is ironed, my lunch is made, and my stomach is in knots.  Yes, my friends, it's the first day at my new job!  After five unsettling, yet blissful months of unemployment, I am going back to the grind.  My employer is already impressing me, because I only have to work 1/2 day today.  That's a nice way to ease into it.

I have to admit I had a mini panic attack last night wondering when am I going to go the grocery store now?  At 5 p.m. when it's busier than Disneyland?  When do I work out?  Again, when it's so busy every machine is taken.  When do I get my eyebrows waxed?  Oh my god, these things are soooooo much easier to do when you're not working!

This is the first time in my professional career that I'm working 8-5 with the rest of the world, so I've got to get a schedule going of when I'll be able to get things done.  But since the trade off is that I no longer have to get up at 1:30 a.m., I'll take it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment