It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year everybody!

Happy New Year everybody! Everyone I talk to seems to be optimistic about 2010. We all feel like this is the year things will get better.
As I mentioned in a previous blog, I lost two jobs in 2009, but the fact that I'm starting off 2010 employed is a great feeling!

My New Year's resolution is to be more patient in the new year. There's no doubt about it, living in a city tests your nerves. People are always in the way. There is always someone who is going to drive or walk slower than you. But is it really worth it to get bent out of shape? To the cab driver who lays on the horn for a solid minute when someone cuts you off: Do you really feel better afterwards? Maybe that person simply didn't see you, and isn't trying to be obnoxious.

Today at the grocery store, there was a line about 5 people deep to pick up meat products. The old Jeannie would have turned to Mike and said just loud enough, "This is the worst!"
The new Jeannie just waited patiently, because who says my meat-buying is any more important than anyone else's?

So let's all try and be more patient in 2010! Trust me, you'll feel a lot better.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie! I don't know if you'll remember me, I'm Mandy's mom from Cheyenne> I have really enjoyed reading your blog or journal!? Just wanted to let you know that I am a dinker of all time and I love my Farmville and Cafe' world! When I first started I thoought it was silly, really! At some point it just kind of hooked me and now I am an addict-I also do the aquariums-which I love to look at! I am a dog lover as well and can't imagine a real dog friendly apartment especially one that is 50 stories high! Awesome! Enjoy your new life and all the rest of us from sagebrush plains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hello! Thank you soooo much for reading my blog! I'm touched.
    I'm actually going to do a follow-up on the Farmville post. I realized that even though I might not understand it, I still enjoy taking an hour to drink a cup of coffee, so we all have our own vices!
    Take care and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete