It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome to Office Space

This probably isn't going to sound like an amazing revelation, but I finally realized today, I'll never have space in Chicago.  Duh, right?  Well I wasn't expecting to see rolling plains like in Wyoming, but I'm talking about personal space.  My goal at work: To have the bathroom all to myself just one time.
As I told Mike during dinner last night, "I'll never be able to number two, because there's always someone right next to me!"  (Okay, maybe not the best time to tell him)

It isn't just the bathroom.  When I go to get coffee, the line is 4 people deep.  When I go to get on the elevator, it's 20 people deep because they're rushing to go to lunch or home (see yesterday's post). When the co-worker who sits behind me needs to get up, I have to shimmy my chair out of her way.  Even when I went to wash my coke bottle out today so I can recycle it, there was a very impatient co-worker behind me clearly nudging me to move. 

I want to know how people do this their whole lives?  As I kid, I thought Wyoming was the most boring place on earth, but I now realize, I need those rolling plains from time to time to maintain my sanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment