It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Men vs. Women in Competitive Games. Men=Aggressive Women=Polite


Have you ever heard of Whirlyball?  I hadn't either until last night.  We went to a Whirlyball center near Lincoln Park for a friend's birthday party and had a blast!  It's a combination of basketball, Lacrosse, and bumper cars.  (See picture.  Even though I had a camera, I forgot to take any pics, so enjoy this picture of people in Seattle playing).

The object is for your team to make as many baskets as possible with a little ball and a mini Lacrosse stick.  All the while, you are bumping into each other with your cars.

We broke up our teams into girls versus guys.  Here's what I love...the guys tried as hard as they could to hit each other, preferably head on because that hurts the most.  But the girls avoided each other, and if we had an accidental collision, we'd exclaim, "Oh, I'm so sorry!"  (Remember my "I'm sorry" post a couple of months ago?)

It cracks me up that we're so polite, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment