It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Have you ever seem someone quit a job after 2 days? I have!

Today was day three on the new job, and it's going really well!  The people I work with are super friendly and helpful.   It's a lot of information to take in, but my bosses keep reiterating that they'll be there every step of the way to help.

There are six of us "newbies" going through training to become Conference Producers.  That means we'll organize and research 8-10 business conferences a year. 

Here's the weird thing.  There were six of us training, but one guy bailed out yesterday.  Seriously bailed.  We were getting ready to leave for lunch, and I saw him exit the conference room quickly.  I thought maybe he just really had to go to the bathroom.  So we waited for about 10 minutes for him to return, but he didn't.  Finally, one of the higher-ups came in, and said to go ahead and go to lunch without him.

Come to find out, this man I'll call "Wishy Washy", had another job (or potential job) lined up, and he decided to take that one instead.  So now, this company needs to hire someone else, and put them through training after all of us have already gone through it. 

So to you "Wishy Washy", I have a few things to say to you:
--Um, did you know we're in a recession and jobs are like, hard to come by?
--Did you know you can find out about a job when you're interviewing for it, and if you're not interested, you don't accept it?
--Did you know that bosses in Corporate America talk, and now you're on the "shit list?"
--Did you know there are PLENTY of other people who would gladly like your job?

Sheesh!  These fresh college grads seem to think they'll have no problem finding jobs, and take things for granted.  I'm here to tell them you can have a Bachelor's Degree and experience, but sometimes, it's just not enough.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you regarding that "Wishy-Washy" jerk, And I wish you many years of happiness with your future husband. You deserve it. We never met, but when you were in Indy working for WISH-TV, you very generously sent me an autographed photo of yourself after I requested it. Anyway, thanks again, good luck and I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete