It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, April 5, 2010

Awe, the holidays

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days.  Mike and I went to Canfield, Ohio this weekend for Easter and his nephew's 2nd birthday.  I thought I could sneak away for a few minutes to blog, but I was too busy getting fed ham and chocolate intravenously.

Coming home last night, this picture shows our view for an hour.  We hit construction and holiday traffic about 30 miles outside of the city.  If you've ever smelled Gary, Indiana for an hour straight, you'll feel our pain.

During our 7-hour drive, I had time to contemplate the holidays and holiday traffic, so I'm adding these thoughts to some I had back in November after Thanksgiving traveling.

*  Even though you're just eating and driving, somehow you're exhausted, and could use a nap anytime.
* Michigan drivers apparently make a vow to drive in the left lane and go 10 miles under the speed limit. Always.  (Although Wisconsin, you had a poor showing this trip too.)
* Hardee's is single-handedly contributing to this country's obesity problem, but their mushroom melt is oh-so-good.
* When you see a police officer with his lights on racing past everyone in traffic, he's not responding to a call, he's saying, "So long, suckers!"
* Older women fart when they go to the bathroom to pee. Always.
* You think you are a better driver than anyone else because you ARE.
* You feel like your family is crazy because they are. But don't worry, everyone's is.
* Your stomach will feel cramped the entire time, because you "don't do away games" (you know what I mean.)

Happy Belated Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment