It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The single life is not what it's cracked up to be

To all my single friends: I feel your pain.  You told me the dating world sucked, and I saw first hand this weekend just how much.  I realized bars are full of 1) Creepy old dudes, 2) Creepy old dudes with tan lines on their ring fingers (hmm, do they think we don't know?), 3) Obnoxious drunk chicks, and 4) Douche Bags.

I'll start with you, douche bags.  When did your mother or father tell you it's okay to be douchy?  Two examples:  A 20's something man was sitting on one chair and propping his knee (not sprained) on another.  I asked if I could sit down on the knee-propping chair, and he said no.  No!  He continued to prop his knee for another 1/2 hour.  Seriously?  If your knee is sore because you're Brad Pitt's stunt double, it's forgiven, otherwise, give up the chair.

I then went into a corner of the bar where it was less busy to send Mike a text message.  A 20's something man came up and said, "You're going to have to move, this is my corner."  Seriously?  This is your corner?   Are you Baby from "Dirty Dancing?"  I'm thinking your social phobia may not land you a wife.  Just sayin'.

Finally, to any 20's something girl who thinks it's hot to get really drunk and then create your own mosh pit by falling on everyone nearby.....It's. So. Not. Hot.

2 comments:

  1. ...once you get past 30 yrs. old; you should figure out that the world isn't waiting for your blessing...people older and (gasp!) younger then you are gonna do what they want to do and HOW they want to do it...You can't tell ANYbody, ANYthing! they don't want to hear it...another "A-ha !! moment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the two 20 something girls who stumbled into the bathroom cut in line and spit their gum in my hair. Super Sexy, Drunk Girls! They just don't realize I'm Latina, and I'll cut a bitch!!!

    ReplyDelete