I always thought as soon as I got married, I would want to start a family. When I walk down the aisle, I'll be 32 for goodness sakes, so shouldn't I be ready? Well.... I'm not.
Here is what I've learned about kiddos that makes me realize just how tough being a parent is.
* Chicago is not kid-friendly. Stairs? A plenty. Ramps? Not so much.
* Busy Chicagoans look at people with strollers like they have H1N1, and they hope their death glares will encourage parents to use birth control next time
* Kids get up way too early. Did you know the sun isn't up at 6 a.m.? I had no idea!
* In order to go on a trip with a child means planning and packing six months in advance. They may be small in size, but they are large on stuff!
* Carrying a 25-pound toddler will make your arms shake, go numb, and then feel like they'll completely fall off.
* Kids are a lot of work. Period. It's hard to sit down and catch up on Dancing With the Stars when a toddler wants to play trucks.
To Mike--rest assured, I think our only children for quite awhile will have 4 legs and occasionally require a cone around their necks.